Subject: change of email address + opensociety

From: George Dafermos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 02:10:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Carl,

I hope life is good for you these days and I can't wait to hear that you have secured 
your re-appointment. Anyway, I will no longer be able to use the email account you have 
been using to reach me since the Bungo email provider decided all in the sudden that the 
provision of email accounts is no longer a sustainable strategy for growth, effectively 
frustrating quite a few people, including me. Therefore, I will stick with lycos fot the time 
being. Sorry for not having dropped a line for a while but I had gone back home on a 
holiday and as soon as I returned, there was a huge pile of work expecting me. In 
addition to that, I am currently building a website whose goal is to push the digital 
society in Greece. Remind you of anything? The URL will be http://www.opensociety.gr 
(does the URL aslo remind you of anything) and I hope that the site will go live within the 
next couple of weeks. Needless to say that any suggestions are welcomed. Do you 
believe that the GGPL can be applied to all kinds of knowledge work including non digital 
data and goods? because as an early experiment for the Organis project, I am thinking 
of conducting an online survey (unfortunately restricted geographically in Greece) to 
explore whether people are willing to consider 'alternative means of legal governance' in 
light of the social transformation and turbulence that the digital revolution has brought 
with.

Regards

George
 
______________________________________________________
Free Email - http://www.lycos.co.uk/service/lycosmail/
The funniest email attachments on the web - http://viral.lycos.co.uk
Free domain names - http://webcentre.lycos.co.uk